FAQs About Commercial & Residential Roofing in Chicago
We understand that issues with roofing in Illinois are a big commitment, both for your finances and your time. We hope that by addressing and providing answers to frequently asked questions, we will be able to give you the confidence you need to move forward. If your concern is not listed below, please feel free to call and ask any question you might have.
- Does your company provide estimates over the phone?
- How long does it typically take to complete work on my roof?
- What are flashings? And do you reuse them?
- Do you use ice and water shield?
- Are you a certified installer with any manufacturer?
- Do you provide your customers with references?
- Are you licensed as a roofing contractor?
- Do you carry Workers
- Does your company provide estimates over the phone?Unfortunately, we do not. We believe that in order to provide the customer with an accurate assessment of their roof we have to physically come out to their home, get up on the roof, and take pictures and measurements so we can make the proper suggestions. However, we do provide each potential customer with a free, no obligation estimate.
- How long does it typically take to complete work on my roof?For a typical residential roof, two days is the norm. There are many factors that come into play when giving a timeline for completion. Each roof is different in size and amount of work that needs to be done. Weather also plays its role and may delay the process, but we will always ensure the roof is water tight from beginning to end.
- What are flashings? And do you reuse them?Roof flashing is a sheet of either aluminum, copper, or galvanized steel that is used to prevent damage from water leaks through the joints in a roof. It can also be used in wall construction for the same purposes. Some of the most common areas flashing is used is around fan vents, chimneys, and plumbing vent stacks. Any area that projects out of the roof is also usually protected. Overtime, roof flashing experiences a lot of stress, causing it to fail is extreme weather conditions like high winds, heavy snow, and excessive heat. For this reason, we DO NOT reuse flashings.
- Do you use ice and water shield?Absolutely; ice and water shield is used as a sloped roof underlayment beneath shingles, slate, tile, and other materials. It resists leakage caused by wind driven rain or water backup from ice dams. It is used as an underlayment on roof edges, valleys, ridges and other critical areas.
- Are you a certified installer with any manufacturer?Yes; we have achieved the status of Master Roofing Contractor for GAF, North America’s Largest Roofing Manufacturer. Master status is awarded to a contractor based on their commitment to installation excellence and continuous education.
- Do you provide your customers with references?Yes. Upon request, we will provide any potential customer with a reference list and any previous projects completed within the vicinity of their neighborhood.
- Are you licensed as a roofing contractor?Yes. Our Illinois Roofing License number is 104-015083. We are also licensed in several cities and towns in the Chicago land area and suburbs.
- Do you carry Workers’ Compensation and General Liability insurance?Yes, we are a fully insured, licensed, and bonded roofing company and we will be happy to provide our customers with certificates of insurance.
- Do I need a permit to do work on my roof?Every municipality has its specific requirements when it comes to needing and obtaining permits. We will do our best to find out what permits are required for our customers and assist them in acquiring them.
- What forms of payments do you accept?For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, & Discover).